PORTULAN CLARIN Terms of Service
The infrastructure may change these Terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these Terms regularly to ensure You are aware of any changes made. Your continued use of PORTULAN CLARIN after changes are posted means You agree to be legally bound by these Terms as updated and/or amended.
If additional services are added to the PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure, then additional terms may apply which will become part of this agreement.
Use of PORTULAN CLARIN
Access to and use of the PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure is provided subject to the following terms, which shall take effect upon Your access to it. You agree to use it only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use of such resources.
You have access to the Services offered, including:
- access to and use of scientific resources in accordance to the relevant licensing terms granted for each resource;
- searching, browsing and viewing of the resources inventory and language resources metadata;
- downloading of scientific resources in accordance to the relevant licensing terms.
The PORTULAN CLARIN website and services log certain information about every request sent to them. This information is used for system administration and for producing usage statistics. Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but these do not include information from which individuals could be identified. Relevant subsets of this data may be used as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site. Data may also on occasion be used to enable investigation of technical problems on the website. Otherwise logged information is not passed to any third party except if required by law.
From time to time the PORTULAN CLARIN may use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a service, function or activity of its functionalities. When this will happen the infrastructure will let users know the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published). Completion of and submission of any form on this website is entirely at the discretion of the user.
Data protection statement
In using and submitting content on the PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure, You agree that it may use any personal data of Yours that You supply through contributing content or by filling in electronic forms. It fully respects Your privacy and seeks to protect Your personal data:
- PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure will only collect and use Your information to administer, support, improve and obtain feedback on its services.
- It may also contact You to obtain feedback on services and any improvements it can make.
- It will not disclose Your personal data to any other organization.
- You can access and modify your personal data through the Registration Service if that is applicable.
PORTULAN CLARIN misuse
You should not misuse the PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure, e.g. by interfering with it or by trying to access it using a method different from the ones suggested in the instructions. You may use it only as permitted by law, including applicable export and control laws, regulations and licenses. It may suspend or stop providing Services to You if You do not comply with its Terms or policies or if the infrastructure is investigating suspected misconduct.
PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure maintains usage statistics as a measure of readership and other use of its Services by users. It is a violation of its policy for a party to directly or indirectly use it with a view to affect download and other usage statistics, or to encourage others to do so. As part of its general right to refuse or terminate service and remove or edit the content of the PORTULAN CLARIN Services, it reserves the right in its sole discretion to limit access, remove content, and adjust usage statistics to respond to any activity that appears likely to have such an effect.
In case You identify scientific resources that violate Intellectual Property Rights, You may follow the PORTULAN CLARIN Notice and Take Down procedure below.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure, content and metadata are provided “AS IS” and on an “ΑS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether expressed or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Under no circumstances will PORTULAN CLARIN be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of opportunity; (c) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (d) losses suffered by third parties; or (e) any direct, indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from its use regardless of the form of action.
PORTULAN CLARIN does not warrant that functions contained in its Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that its databases or the delivery mechanism that makes them available are free of viruses and bugs.
The rights granted hereunder will terminate automatically upon any breach by You of the Terms of Service. Subject to the above terms and conditions, this agreement will be valid for as long as PORTULAN CLARIN Services are in existence and will continue in full force and effect unless terminated as stated above.
Distributing of Scientific Resources
By using the PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure to upload, distribute or share one or more Scientific Resources you represent and warrant that:
- you have the full authority to deposit the Resource;
- you have the necessary legal title in the Resource or you are permitted to make the deposition of the Resource;
- the deposition of the Resource will not violate or be considered a breach of any obligation or right of a third party;
- the deposition of the Resource will not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- you have used reasonable skill and care to ensure that the information you provide in the process of deposition does not contain any untrue statements of legal or material facts.
Notice and Take Down policy
If a rights holder is concerned that he has found Scientific Resources (SRs) on PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure whose license does not allow its distribution, for which he has not given permission, or is not covered by a limitation or exception in law, such rights holder is asked to contact the infrastructure at the email address indicated in the Contacts page of the infrastructure website in writing, stating the following:
- His contact details;
- The full bibliographic details of the SR;
- The exact and full URL where he found the SR;
- If applicable, proof that he is the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, he is the rights holder or an authorised representative.
Upon receipt of notification, the ‘Notice and Take Down’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
- The infrastructure will acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of its validity and plausibility.
- Upon receipt of a valid complaint, the SR will be temporarily removed from the services provided by the infrastructure pending an agreed solution.
- The Service Provider will contact the individual or organization who deposited the material upon the reception of a valid complaint. The Depositor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what allegations, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the Depositor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The SR is replaced on the PORTULAN CLARIN Services inventory unchanged.
- The SR is replaced on the inventory with changes.
- The SR is permanently removed from the Services inventory.
The channels of contact are indicated in the Contacts section of the infrastructure website.
Within PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure, personal data are only processed for the following purposes:
- Establishment of contact and correspondence with visitors and users;
- Registration of users, when applicable.
Anonymous and protected usage
Personal data are only collected via our contact page, where users can contact us electronically, and via our registration page.
The processed data will not be transmitted to any third parties or otherwise disclosed, except on the basis of concrete legal obligations. Within our information offering, we do not embed information or service offerings of third party providers.
The legitimate interests pursued by PORTULAN CLARIN include, among others, also the adaptation and optimization of the information offering and the investigation, detection and prosecution of illegal activities in connection with the usage of our website.
The PORTULAN CLARIN infrastructure and its services log contain information about every request sent to them. This information is used for system administration and for producing usage statistics. Summary statistics are extracted from this data and some of these may be made publicly available, but these do not include information from which individuals could be identified.
Relevant subsets of this data may be used as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site. Data may also on occasion be used to enable investigation of technical problems on the website. Otherwise logged information is not passed to any third party except if required by law.
You have the option to contact us by e-mail. We will use your e-mail address and other personal contact data for the correspondence with you. Due to legal obligation every e-mail correspondence will be archived. Subject to our legitimate interests your e-mail address and other personal contact data can be stored in our contact database.
Access and Intervention
Besides the information in this data protection policy you have the right of access to your personal data. To ensure fair data processing, you have the following rights:
- The right to rectification and completion of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to restriction of the processing of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds related to your particular situation
To exercise these rights, please contact us at the email address indicated in the Contacts page of the infrastrutucture website.